I hope everyone had lots of fun participating in the Barbaric Beast contest that ended just about a week ago! I was extremely shocked by the great quality of the entries!
Every person who entered the contest won. (Which is awesome!)
Grand Prize: Sneaky Kevin Newell (Read his entry here!)
1st Place (Create-A-Quest): Humble India Everett (Read her entry here!)
1st Place (Create-A-Companion): Lucas Silver (Read his entry here!)
2nd Place: game gee (Read their entry here!)
Congratulations to everyone that entered! Codes will be emailed soon!
A new Grizzly Beast “hoard pack” just came to Pirate101, and it brings lots of Grizzleheim-themed items! If you didn’t see Pirates in the Sky’s guest post on Destiny’s Travels, check it out here! Also, check out Destiny’s post on our blog, here! Grizzleheim is likely to come to Pirate101, so we wanted to brainstorm some ideas for the world! In the Barbaric Beast Contest, you can create your own companion or quest (or quest-line!) for Grizzleheim!
(Also, enter our giveaway for three Grizzly Beast packs on Twitter here before September 19! You’ll need a parent’s permission to get a Pirate101 Twitter account if you are under 13.)
If you’re choosing to enter the Create-a-Barbaric-Companion Contest, follow these rules!
- Include the class or classes (you can pick All Classes) that receive the companion
- Include the level the companion is recruited at, or what point in the storyline (beginning, middle, end) of Grizzleheim they are recruited at
- Include how many levels above the pirate the companion is when they are recruited (0, 1, 2, or 3 usually)
- Include the class of the companion
- Include the epics the companion starts with and can train
You should, but it is not required to:
- Include a picture (drawn, edited, or screenshot from Wizard101 or Pirate101)
- Include a promotion storyline
- Include levels the companion promotes
- Include title(s) for the companion (i.e. Mouse Swashbuckler, Mouse Corsair)
If you’re choosing to enter the Create-a-Grizzleheim-Quest Contest, follow these rules!
- Include a reference to Grizzleheim or make part (or all) of the quest take place in Grizzleheim
- Include a unique title for the quest
- Include at least three quest goals
- Include at least one “talk to an NPC” goal, and at least one “defeat a creature” goal
- Include dialogue (including, but not limited to: NPCs, companions, and creatures)
You should, but it is not required to:
- Include a prequest/post-quest: you can be as detailed as you want with these quests
- Include a background story as to why this quest is happening
- Include new NPCs that the player must talk to/creatures that the player must defeat
- Include images of each quest goal (for example, click here)
- Include images of all new NPCs or creatures (drawn, edited, or screenshot from Wizard101 or Pirate101)
Email your entries to before September 28 at 11:59 PM Central Standard Time! If you win, you will receive an email in reply with your prize code and a short message of congratulation!
Grand Prize (1, either contest) 5,000 Crowns
1st place (1 per contest) 2,000 Crowns
2nd place (2, either contest) Random Springtime Pet
3rd place (1, either contest) 1,000 Crowns
Honorable Mention (1 per contest) x1 Grizzly Beast Pack
Below are the winning entries for the Springtime Bundle contest!
1st place and Most Realistic – Aidan Johnston
- Springtime Fairy Outfit:
- Fairy Hat:
Tier 1 – Level 10+: +7 Will +3 Accuracy +2 Resistance
Tier 2 – Level 20+: +8 Will +5 Accuracy +3 Resistance
Tier 3 – Level 30+: +9 Will +7 Accuracy +4 Resistance
Tier 4 – Level 35+ +10 Will +9 Accuracy +5 Resistance
Tier 5 – Level 40+: +11 Will +11 Accuracy +6 Resistance
Tier 6 – Level 45+: +12 Will +13 Accuracy +7 Resistance
Tier 7 – Level 50+: +13 Will +15 Accuracy +8 Resistance
Tier 8 – Level 55+: +14 Will +17 Accuracy +9 Resistance
Tier 9 – Level 60+: +15 Will +19 Accuracy +10 Resistance
- Fairy Corset: Grants “Refresh” ability on all tiers
Tier 1 – Level 10+: +7 Strength +11 Health +11 Resistance
Tier 2 – Level 20+: +8 Strength +25 Health +12 Resistance
Tier 3 – Level 30+: +9 Strength +39 Health +13 Resistance
Tier 4 – Level 35+ +10 Strength +53 Health +14 Resistance
Tier 5 – Level 40+: +11 Strength +67 Health +15 Resistance
Tier 6 – Level 45+: +12 Strength +81 Health +16 Resistance
Tier 7 – Level 50+: +13 Strength +95 Health +17 Resistance
Tier 8 – Level 55+: +14 Strength +109 Health +18 Resistance
Tier 9 – Level 60+: +15 Strength +123 Health +19 Resistance
- Fairy Heels: Grants “Valor’s Shield” on all tiers
Tier 1 – Level 10+: +7 Agility +3 Dodge +2 Damage
Tier 2 – Level 20+: +8 Agility +5 Dodge +3 Damage
Tier 3 – Level 30+: +9 Agility +7 Dodge +4 Damage
Tier 4 – Level 35+ +10 Agility +9 Dodge +5 Damage
Tier 5 – Level 40+: +11 Agility +11 Dodge +6 Damage
Tier 6 – Level 45+: +12 Agility +13 Dodge +7 Damage
Tier 7 – Level 50+: +13 Agility +15 Dodge +8 Damage
Tier 8 – Level 55+: +14 Agility +17 Dodge +9 Damage
Tier 9 – Level 60+: +15 Agility +19 Dodge +10 Damage
- Lolly Pop Axe (Smashy Weapon):
Tier 1 – Level 10+: 28 – 48
Tier 2 – Level 20+: 59 – 79
Tier 3 – Level 30+: 80 – 100
Tier 4 – Level 35+: 101 – 121
Tier 5 – Level 40+: 122 – 142
Tier 6 – Level 45+: 143 – 183
Tier 7 – Level 50+: 184 – 204
Tier 8 – Level 55+: 205 – 225
Tier 9 – Level 60+: 226 – 246
An island that can be placed on the edge of a house’s island. The island will flow a little bit of the house, but is not visible until a player approaches it, at which point it magicaly appears with a bridge connecting it. It contains a large shiny turqoiuse lake with some of Springtime animals runing around and is sorrounded by a rainbow (which can be stood on). It also contains a secret underwater cavern under the lake, in which is a rather difficult puzzle (which changes each day). If the player that owns the hosue cracks the puzzle they recieve an ammount of gold dependent on the difficulty of the puzzle, they can also chose one person on their friend list to send the same ammount of gold as a gift.
Sugar Plump Fairy – Candy Magician (Witchdoctor)
A female flying witchdoctor companion, who uses a wand lined with licorice alsorts and jelly and who uses unique and weird spells.
She starts with the cards: “Jelly Rope” which stuns imobolises an opponent for 3 turns and she also begins with “Candy Gift” which can be used on anybody apart from herself to give a heal of 1000 Health Points +200 more every turn for 3 turns.
She also begins with the Witchdoctor Epic “Readied Spell”. She can recieve any Witchdoctor epics. When redeemed she recieves 3 Epics and 13 Talents. She promotes at level 40 to “Candy Fairy” and recieves 3 Epics and an additional 16 Talents.
Purple Bon-ny-Bon Pet
A fat rabbit pet, based on Rabbits and the sweet “Bon Bons”.
2nd place and Most Creative – Loyal Sean
Princess Jekima – The wife of an old king in Rajah. After being ousted from her throne, she seeks revenge and will aid your pirate in order to get it.
Wonderland Tunnel – What may seem like a small Tunnel will actually lead you into a private meadow that you can explore and place housing items in! It must be placed against a wall as a wall hanging, though it will be on floor level.
Candy Apple Batacuda
Spring themed ship! A large galleon with green sails that is suitable for all of your travels.
One month membership OR 5,000 Crowns.
Pirates in the Sky is now 2 years old! I can’t believe that time has gone by this fast and it has been two whole years since Pirate101 was announced and I published this blog!
Pirates in the Sky (and its social media profiles) have been updated with a new look! Please enjoy this new theme with new buttons in the sidebar.
Also to celebrate the Blogaversary, there will be a contest! The goal of this contest is to make your own Springtime Bundle.
- include a Witchdoctor Lab or a housing item that works like it
- include a current springtime pet or create your own springtime pet
- include a springtime companion
- work by yourself
- make a $29 or $39 bundle (look at the Empire Bundle and Hoodoo Bundle for examples)
- finish by May 14th, 2014 at 12:00 noon Central time.
- email your finished bundle/entry to piratesinthesky (at) gmail (dot) com
- include a diverse number of items that are unique to this bundle
- think of a type of Springtime candy (Springtime Pet)
- think of a small area you would like to enter in your house (Witchdoctor Lab item)
- use the Shermlock font – it’s the one used in the picture above (have a parent help you download this if you are under 13)
1st: Ninja Pig Companion + Featured on Site
2nd: Witchdoctor Lab + Featured on Site
3rd and 4th: Springtime Pet + Featured on Site
Most Creative and Most Realistic: Featured on Site