Category Archives: Codes
A new Grizzly Beast “hoard pack” just came to Pirate101, and it brings lots of Grizzleheim-themed items! If you didn’t see Pirates in the Sky’s guest post on Destiny’s Travels, check it out here! Also, check out Destiny’s post on our blog, here! Grizzleheim is likely to come to Pirate101, so we wanted to brainstorm some ideas for the world! In the Barbaric Beast Contest, you can create your own companion or quest (or quest-line!) for Grizzleheim!
(Also, enter our giveaway for three Grizzly Beast packs on Twitter here before September 19! You’ll need a parent’s permission to get a Pirate101 Twitter account if you are under 13.)
If you’re choosing to enter the Create-a-Barbaric-Companion Contest, follow these rules!
- Include the class or classes (you can pick All Classes) that receive the companion
- Include the level the companion is recruited at, or what point in the storyline (beginning, middle, end) of Grizzleheim they are recruited at
- Include how many levels above the pirate the companion is when they are recruited (0, 1, 2, or 3 usually)
- Include the class of the companion
- Include the epics the companion starts with and can train
You should, but it is not required to:
- Include a picture (drawn, edited, or screenshot from Wizard101 or Pirate101)
- Include a promotion storyline
- Include levels the companion promotes
- Include title(s) for the companion (i.e. Mouse Swashbuckler, Mouse Corsair)
If you’re choosing to enter the Create-a-Grizzleheim-Quest Contest, follow these rules!
- Include a reference to Grizzleheim or make part (or all) of the quest take place in Grizzleheim
- Include a unique title for the quest
- Include at least three quest goals
- Include at least one “talk to an NPC” goal, and at least one “defeat a creature” goal
- Include dialogue (including, but not limited to: NPCs, companions, and creatures)
You should, but it is not required to:
- Include a prequest/post-quest: you can be as detailed as you want with these quests
- Include a background story as to why this quest is happening
- Include new NPCs that the player must talk to/creatures that the player must defeat
- Include images of each quest goal (for example, click here)
- Include images of all new NPCs or creatures (drawn, edited, or screenshot from Wizard101 or Pirate101)
Email your entries to before September 28 at 11:59 PM Central Standard Time! If you win, you will receive an email in reply with your prize code and a short message of congratulation!
Grand Prize (1, either contest) 5,000 Crowns
1st place (1 per contest) 2,000 Crowns
2nd place (2, either contest) Random Springtime Pet
3rd place (1, either contest) 1,000 Crowns
Honorable Mention (1 per contest) x1 Grizzly Beast Pack
Pirates in the Sky is now 2 years old! I can’t believe that time has gone by this fast and it has been two whole years since Pirate101 was announced and I published this blog!
Pirates in the Sky (and its social media profiles) have been updated with a new look! Please enjoy this new theme with new buttons in the sidebar.
Also to celebrate the Blogaversary, there will be a contest! The goal of this contest is to make your own Springtime Bundle.
- include a Witchdoctor Lab or a housing item that works like it
- include a current springtime pet or create your own springtime pet
- include a springtime companion
- work by yourself
- make a $29 or $39 bundle (look at the Empire Bundle and Hoodoo Bundle for examples)
- finish by May 14th, 2014 at 12:00 noon Central time.
- email your finished bundle/entry to piratesinthesky (at) gmail (dot) com
- include a diverse number of items that are unique to this bundle
- think of a type of Springtime candy (Springtime Pet)
- think of a small area you would like to enter in your house (Witchdoctor Lab item)
- use the Shermlock font – it’s the one used in the picture above (have a parent help you download this if you are under 13)
1st: Ninja Pig Companion + Featured on Site
2nd: Witchdoctor Lab + Featured on Site
3rd and 4th: Springtime Pet + Featured on Site
Most Creative and Most Realistic: Featured on Site
The Metal Eye Patch is a reward for entering a code received from one of “Avery’s CourtCam” events. These are announced on Pirate101’s Twitter the day of the event and only last for about 15 minutes. Friendly Thomas, also known as The Friendly Necromancer or One-Eyed Jack will give out a code related to a camera (Cam and Camera have been the two codes as of 2/24) that redeems for an eyepatch.
Those that are there at the predetermined time are recorded using the KingsIsle flyover and posted on Pirate101’s vine account then tweeted.
These types of giveaways are a step in the right direction for KingsIsle! They can keep players entertained while preparing new content updates! Make sure to keep checking Twitter if you want an eyepatch- good luck!
Earlier this week, Pirate101 posted on their Twitter account, announcing the release of Pirate101 Prizes on their gaming website, “FreeKIGames.”
Dueling Diego was previously a Wizard101 game, but now it has switched genres. What does this mean for Pirate101?
Dueling Diego is a cartoony game with easy to learn controls. It progressively gets harder and you win a prize based on your score. You have three lives and have to jump over barrels and fight various types of monsters. Prizes are based in a tier-ranked system, but it is currently unknown exactly how tiers are determined. When you complete a game, if your score is high enough, a valid Pirate101 game code and a “Redeem Code” link will appear below your score. Click it, and you will be taken to the Pirate101 website to redeem your code!
PART I: THE GAME & GUIDE
There are four levels in Dueling Diego.
On level 1, your enemies will consist of Blood Bats and Gobblers. It has an abundance of obstacles (barrels) and has a 5-heart Gobbler Pirate boss at the end. Think you can take it on?
1 health, 100 points. Must hit at same level as blood bat.
3 health, 80 points. Hit the Gobbler before he hits you!
5 health, 1000 points. Must hit quickly after he raises his sword.
After you’ve left the ship’s hold, there are still barrels rolling around, and you encounter some new enemies. Fight the Fire Elves and the Shield Gobblers to get to the next Gobbler Pirate.
1 health, 120 points. Jump over his arrows until you can get close enough to hit him with a low attack.
3 health, 150 points. When you see him, remember where his shield is. Hit that area when you get to him, then switch the place you hit, then switch again.
You’ve swam to the shore of Skull Island, but the natives are acting strangely. Get ready to meet 3 new enemies!
See above. (120 points)
3 health, 200 points. Similar to Fire Elf, just be more cautious of the spears. You can hit with any attack.
3 health, 200 points. Hit it with the low attack with the right timing, and you won’t be hurt.
Nose Goblin Shaman
5 health, 1000 points. Like a Nose Goblin with more health, and can dodge (move away from) your attacks.
Hint: Once you defeat the Nose Goblin Shaman, don’t go into the cave right away. Stay outside and wait until you have 3 hearts restored.
You’ve cleared the shore, but behind the shaman was a mysterious cave. Francesca is probably in there!
4 health, 500 points. Watch out, the ghouls move very fast and can hit you unexpectedly.
Blood Bat (cave)
1 health, 200 points. See above, but moves significantly faster.
3 health, 600 points. Pretty much like the Fire Elf, but you can hit him with any attack. Relatively easy approach- jump over two projectiles he throws then strike. (Repeat, but only jump over one)
Unknown health (appears as 1,) 2000 points. He will not be affected by your attacks. Dodge his attacks and let a spike fall on his head.
Watch out for these on the ceiling. They hurt!
PART II: ANALYSIS
Wizard101 has had online minigames (and an app!) for quite a while, starting with KI Free Games and moving to FreeKI Games this October. Doodle Dug, Dueling Diego, and Sorcery Stones started the online code-giving minigame sequence, with WizardBlox, a game like Sorcery Stones, as a mobile app. Later, a revolutionary idea (especially in Wizard101) was released as an app and minigame on KI Free Games which many players joined in. You could train your in-game pets while not having to do tedious, repetitive training games, or while not at the computer! Dueling Diego is a step in the right direction, and would be even more amazing if it were released as an app.
We may see other popular minigames from Pirate101 launched onto FreeKIGames.com such as Pirate’s Pub or Windjammer, because so far Dueling Diego is a hit.
Dueling Diego gives unique prizes, some that have never been seen before. So far we know you can get furniture, ship equipment, training tomes, or rental mounts.
From left to right: Small Candle, 2x Pineapple Jug, Wicker Basket, Monkey King Piece, Armor Media
So this means that we may be getting even more new equipment with the coming updates to Pirate101! Test Realm should be coming out soon- we never know what we’ll get!
Sources: For the information Dueling Diego used to be a Wizard101 minigame: “Free Online Games|Dueling Diego” Proof of other prizes: “Twitter / Pirate101” More evidence of other types of prizes: “Message Board post by One-Eyed Jack“
Pirate101 has given a ton of codes to the WarCry network to give away! Follow this link and then look for the following box.
This is the only thing you need to worry about. (Also don’t worry, this is a KingsIsle giveaway. But you can’t trust people in the comments.) Sign up for a free account by clicking the link in the box above, then activate it using your email. Go back to the Pirate101 giveaway page and you will be logged in. Press “Submit” where the box would be and your free code will be there! Enjoy! You can win:
- Everyone will get a Nautical XP Boost Elixir
- You will have a chance of getting one of the following:
- Improved Nautical XP Boost Elixir
- Aquila Galleon Crowns Shop Equipment
- The Epic Hero Galleon!